The SMART program offered two levels of 'road skills' based training:
* Experienced 1 - requiring participants to have had at least one year of regular riding on an open licence.
* Experienced 2 - requiring participants to have had at least five years regular riding on an open licence.
* full day instructed ride
* personalised, small group training
* hazard perception training
* risk identification
* motorcycle care
* protective clothing
* motorcycle set up: brakes, clutch, chain, lights, cables, mirrors, tyres, suspension